chaplin

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Are the stars out tonight?

Went to Bristol last night to see the reunited Crowded House play their first gig – on a boat! Great fun. Interesting new numbers. Stayed in the most luxurious hotel; so luxurious, in fact, that Posh and Becks were staying there. Wasn't in the place long enough to see them myself but I was with people who had actually clapped eyes on her. And, you'll never guess what, she's REALLY TINY! After the show two people came up to me simultaneously, one addressing me as David while the other called me Mark. I think we're becoming one person.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:20 pm

    I'm afraid if I ever bumped into you it would be David or Mark (as in Ant or Dec, the only good joke in Love, Actually). In fact I am sure I saw one of you in Oxford Street a while back. Sad to hear that the new songs were just 'interesting'. I watched the webcast again, and it felt like the new songs were just ok. I so want them to be better, and was just going to go back to them to try and like them more. 'Interesting' makes you sound like a dissapointed fan to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not disappointed at all. It's just that new songs always take a while and therefore I don't waste energy trying to "get into" them. Plus, they didn't say what any of them are called, which doesn't help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:54 pm

    Glad you had fun on Viv Stanshall's old boat.

    MrM had a most enjoyable time at the gig and tells me he said "hi". Only sorry I couldn't be there too seeing as their '91 T&C gig was our first date. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:12 pm

    David, you sound like a professional music listener, not wasting energy getting into the new songs. Maybe I'll do the same and let them wash over me. Youtube'd a couple of the songs and Finn does seem to be having a great time. Makes it look so easy. Songs - and specifically his, for me - really are the stuff of life.

    ReplyDelete