chaplin

Monday, January 07, 2008

Tea break over. Back on your heads

I can't remember whether I've:
  1. Thought this and not written it down
  2. Written it down and not published it
  3. Submitted it and it hasn't been published yet
  4. Published it and lost track of it
But it's only when I saw this on Fistfulayen this morning that I felt vindicated in my dawning belief that the key currency nowadays is attention. This might seem obvious but most media businesses are still behaving as if they were operating against a background of scarcity. Furthermore this seems to chime with Seth Godin's observation that people talking about you is far more effective than talking about yourself.

1 comment:

  1. I've noticed this too in a small way; for several years I made end of year cd's for xmas cards, I didn't bother this year as :
    a. we all have music coming out of ears.
    b. No one listens all the way to the end of album anyway.
    In the end just "posted" the best bits!

    ReplyDelete