chaplin

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Listening to radio Betty Blue

My radio preview column in today's Guardian Guide is about Building Bridges, this morning's Radio Four programme about middle-eights, and Collar The Lot, the Tom Conti-fronted documentary about Italian internees in Britain during the war.

Mainly it's about FIP, the French radio station I often spend spring Saturdays listening to. Ecouter en direct ici. I conjure up visions of the lady on FIP broadcasting from one of those beach houses on stilts that you see at the beginning of Betty Blue.

It says here you can find the originals at Gruissan on the Mediterranean coast.

3 comments:

  1. Hi David,

    I discovered FIP via my iPhone radio app. It's good isn't it? Quite unpredictable with a dash of quirky Gallic cool. Which, now that I think about it, reminds me of the pizzeria scene in Betty..


    Vive la difference.

    cheers

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listening now. And only yesterday I was listening to some Keren Ann, your imaginary French girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well played.. Discovering things like this doesn't exactly make up for the loss of The Word, but it helps.

    ReplyDelete