Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Apiary Japery

An old friend rang me up yesterday to pass on this story:
There's a man browsing in a record shop when he comes across a record called "The Sound Of Wasps".
He takes it to the counter and says "I'm one of the country's foremost authorities on wasps and I'd like to hear some of this if possible."
The manager says "fine" and puts it on track one.
"Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz," goes the record.
The man listens for a bit, shakes his head and then says "can you put the next track on, please?"
The next track also goes "buzzzzzzzzzzzzz", albeit in a slightly different key.
The man shakes his head again. "I'm sorry, but to my trained ears they don't sound like wasps."
The manager looks at the record and then flips it over.
"I' do apologise. I was playing the bee side."