chaplin

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Public Service Announcement

My son recommended "Revolutionary Road" to me. He read it for A level. I'd never heard of it but absolutely loved it. So did Keith, so did Jude, so did Alyson. It was written in America in 1961 but has only recently got much attention in the UK. The theme of a young couple trying to Have It All (career, family life, grand new house overseas) could have occured to a novelist only last week. Anyway, read it now because the bad news is that they're about to film it with Leonard Di Caprio and Kate Winslet reprising their "Titanic" pairing in the main roles. They're both perfectly good actors but I resent the fact that my imagination is about to be colonised by celebrity.

1 comment:

  1. David, I read the recommendation on the blog and had a further look on line and this looks like a great book. I have ordered it from Amazon.

    Nice one!

    ReplyDelete