chaplin

Saturday, May 05, 2012

Nicorette made me stand up Mick Jagger

We just found this old leather jacket in the back of a wardrobe. There's a half-finished pack of Nicorette chewing gum in the pocket which was probably put there almost thirty years ago. I gave up smoking a few days before I was due to go to Bardados to interview Mick Jagger for the Whistle Test.

We used to amuse ourselves on plane rides by smoking and so I decided to pop a square of Nicorette whenever I would ordinarily have had a cigarette. That probably means I had about a dozen between London and Bridgetown. My ears must have been fluttering and buzzing. When we got to the hotel somebody decided we should have rum stingers. More Nicorette. More stingers. Bed. When I woke in the morning I couldn't speak. We had to postpone the filming with Mick Jagger. At first I thought I'd been stricken with a very bad sore throat. Obviously I hadn't. It was the Nicorette. Still, haven't had a cigarette since.

No comments:

Post a Comment