5. Fairport Convention "Liege and Leaf got five stars but no one actually played it. Or if they did, they were too stoned to remember." Karen Buck, Labour MP.I know the MP hasn't been born who can resist expressing an opinion about music but you would have thought that if she actually had heard the record she would know:
- How to spell the record's name;
- "Liege And Lief" didn't get five stars because in those days star ratings were unknown;
- Fairport fans were never particularly big stoners, tending to prefer woolly ale;
- It came out a few weeks before 1970 so it's barely a 60s record at all;
- It was and remains one of the most-played records of its era.
Apart from that, all correct.