chaplin

Monday, October 01, 2012

I haven't been so cross with a Virgin product since Beefheart's "Bluejeans And Moonbeams"

I don't have cable but I do have one of these directly outside my house. This one (left) in fact. It belongs to Virgin Media. The engineers obviously have trouble shutting it properly so they took to using masking tape on it. I've reported it repeatedly but nothing's been done to clean it up. When I take it to Twitter, as I have done more than once, Virgin Media's people direct me to their site where I report it (they want to know if it's got any racist grafitti on it) and still nothing's done. It's typical modern customer relations. Lots of time and trouble devoted to trying to assure me they're taking the problem seriously followed by no indication that they are.

I've found this one round the corner as well. I pass this one regularly and as far as I can see it's been open for six months. How the good people of Redacted Road resist the temptation to just reach inside, grab a fistful of multi-coloured fibre optic cables and yank them out is a tribute to their neighbourliness. Virgin Media really don't deserve them.

6 comments:

  1. Might be worth writing a racist comment on them - perhaps 'Down with journalists', perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or "Virgin broadband is overpriced and unreliable". It may not be true (or it may be, I don't know), but it might get some attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap. I've one of those outside my house. The door is not falling off, but its become a rusty eyesore and its stuck tight on grass verge at roadside.
    No-one ever thought to ask if I wanted it outside my house. It just appeared one day.
    Not even a Virgin user.
    Irritates the hell out of me every time I look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. is this micro nimbyism developing? they have to go somewhere after all

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not asking for them to be moved. I'm simply asking for them to be properly maintained. You would have thought that their owners would want the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We get bombarded through the post with offers of Virgin cable services. Which would be fine - if our street was cabled up...

    ReplyDelete