chaplin

Sunday, October 10, 2010

The most beautiful sound ever made by man

People talk a lot of nonsense about singing, particularly around X Factor. Sam Cooke had one of the most beautiful voices God ever gave to man. This is my favourite example of it. It's on the end of an ancient album called "Two Sides Of Sam Cooke". They call it "Humming Track". I've seen it on various CDs as "Happy In Love". I think it was probably recorded in the same session.

What is it? I don't know exactly but it sounds like Sam singing to himself far from the microphone, tapping his foot, possibly to impress a woman. I couldn't find a Spotify link so I got the disc out and recorded it. It's quiet so you have to lean towards it. It lasts less than a minute. Here it is. Let me know if this has wasted your time.

6 comments:

  1. Time not wasted. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exceptional value for time invested, thanks for posting -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like a soul lullaby - gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not the most dynamic video ever posted though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite example of Sam's amazing humming ability is the intro to "Trouble Blues." It sends shivers down my spine which is why I chose that clip as my website intro.

    Erik Greene
    Author, "Our Uncle Sam: The Sam Cooke Story From His Family's Perspective"
    www.OurUncleSam.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our time should be spent just listening

    ReplyDelete