chaplin

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Is this what they call extending choice?

If you happen to be up early on a Sunday morning and put on the TV or the radio you're assailed by programmes largely comprised of people reading from and commenting on commentaries that are in the Sunday papers. I find this a puzzling way to organise broadcasting. If I felt that what the Sunday papers had to say was a major priority in my life then I would have bought them and would be reading them, wouldn't I? What I really want is an old black and white film, preferably about a war. Nobody's providing that for me, are they?

5 comments:

  1. Try Blockbuster. You probably pass it on the way to the papershop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a comment here a while ago about the daftness of the media commenting on the media. Your response led to my not bothering to comment again. I comment now because you appear to be supporting what I said. Funny that. Your response now could well lead to my not bothering to comment again, until our opinions criss-cross again. Perhaps about the media talking about the media.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flicking through the Freeview channels in bed, it's either what you're talking about, the Emmerdale omnibus or kid's shows.

    If I had Sky in the bedroom then I'd have loads of films at my disposal. But I don't.

    Thank God for the in-room DVD player is all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on that. Or anything with Terry Thomas in it. Perfect Sunday morning viewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:50 pm

    Absolutely agree! Nothing like a lazy Sunday with Jack Hawkins and Trevor Howard looking grim and determined.

    {Pernickity point: you've used the Real Estate Agent's "comprised of"...)

    ReplyDelete